Yusuf Alli – Cii News & Agencies | 14 September 2012
Protesters around the world mobilised Friday, targeting US embassies for an ant-Islam film, which portrays followers of the Islamic faith as immoral and gratuitously violent.
Sudan’s police fired teargas to stop about 5,000 demonstrators storming the German and British embassies to protest against the film.
Protesters hurled stones at the two embassies which are next to each other in Khartoum and tried storming the main gates.
Thousands of Somali protesters have taken to the streets of capital Mogadishu to express their anger over the anti-Islam movie
Egyptian riot police also clashed with angry demonstrators protesting outside the US Embassy in Cairo over the film.
Yemeni police opened fire on protesters trying to reach the US embassy in the capital Sana’a.
Hundreds of protesters set alight a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant in the northern Lebanese city of Tripoli shouting anti-American slogans.
Outside the US embassy in the Indonesian capital, the protesters carried banners that read We condemn the insult against Holy prophet (SAW)
YOU TUBE BLOCKS ACCESS
Video-sharing website YouTube has since blocked access in India to the anti-Islam film. US-based search engine Google, which owns YouTube, did not say whether it acted on its own or was asked to remove the content by the Indian government.
YouTube had earlier this week offered to “temporarily” restrict access to the film in Libya and Egypt, which is the hotbed of protests.
Pakistan and Afghanistan have already blocked access to the movie, which was condemned as “inhuman” and “provocative”.
In Indonesia, where most of the 240 million population are Muslim, has also demanded that YouTube remove the film from its website.
PRODUCER HAS NO REGRETS
Meanwhile, the man who claims to be the producer of the anti-Islam movie says he has no regrets about making the film.
55-year-old Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, an Egyptian Copt living in California says he is the one who leaked the 14 minutes and put it on the Internet and is thinking about releasing the full film.
The low-budget movie, in which actors have strong American accents, portrays Muslims as immoral and gratuitously violent, and also pokes fun at the Prophet
Mystery remains, however, over exactly who is behind the film, amid conflicting claims of Jewish or Coptic Christian involvement.
The film’s director was initially identified as Sam Bacile, who claimed to be an American-Israeli who had Jewish financial backing.
He reportedly went into hiding after the protests erupted in Egypt and Libya.Tags: Anti-Islam film, Egypt, Indonesia, Libya, Sam Bacile, Sudan, Tunisia, Yemen, Yusuf Alli