Bank name: Absa
Account Holder: Cii Youth Foundation
Account No: 407 497 5857
Branch Code: 630143
For details visit: www.ciiyouth.com
Activities, Highlights, Report Back – 15 June – 27 July 2012
Cii Youth Foundation – Ramadhaan Kareem
Support the Cii Youth Foundation by SMS: Cii Youth to 084 584 7733 and we’ll call you back.
1. Spelling Bee – Eldorado Park/Soweto
2. Spelling Bee – Soweto
3. 2nd National 40 Ahadeeth Memorisation Competition 2012
4. Gauteng Department Of Education
5. North West Muslim Youth Event 2012
6. Florida Project
7. Madressa Abu Bakr (R.A)
8. Haj Competition 2012
9. South African Uganda Muslim Community
10. Nursery and Pre-School Islaamiyaat syllabus
11. Madressa CD Productions
12. Pre – Ramadhaan Hifz Workshop
13. Qiraat Jalsa – Florida
14. Youth Programme – P.E.
15. Youth Junxion
16. Youth Talk
17. Girls Programmes
18. Cii Youth Foundation Youth Centre
19. Newclare Community
1. Spelling Bee 2012 – Eldorado Park/Soweto: Cii Youth Foundation launched the Spelling Bee for Eldorado Park/Soweto on 17 July 2012. The following 10 schools will be participating: Eldocrest Primary School, Mcbain Charles Primary School, St Ives Primary School, Florida Primary School, Eldorado Park Muslim School, Hetikani Primary School, Loudes Primary School, Parkdale Primary School, Goud Park Primary School and for Cavendish Primary School. The Grand Finale will be hosted on Wednesday, 12 September 2012. The sponsor for this literacy and development programme is SEEDAT’S SCHOOLWEAR.
2. Spelling Bee 2012 – Soweto: The Spelling Bee Soweto will be launched on 31 July 2012. 10 schools will be participating at this event. The Grand Finale will take place on Thursday, 27 September 2012. The sponsor for this literacy and development programme is BUBBILEE.
3. 2nd National 40 Ahaadeeth Memorisation Competition 2012 – Alhamdulillah, the 2nd National 40 Ahaadeeth Memorisation Competition 2012 is well underway with participation from across the country. The Prelim testing will commence from 23 August 2012. If you have registered, Ml shaakir Seedat will contact you. The Grand Finale will be hosted on 01 September 2012 LIVE on Channel Islam International. The sponsors promoting the Memorisation of Ahadeeth are: MOTORDEAL NISSAN and AFRICA MUSLIMS AGENCY
4. Gauteng Department of Education: The Cii Youth Foundation serves on district and provincial level in the FBO – GDE partnership. The objective of this forum is to help support learning and teaching at our schools in Gauteng: The following has been achieved over the past month:
a. The Discipline module has been finalised and is being reviewed by stakeholders to bring in line with the Curriculum standards and requirements.
b. The provincial structures for FQE – Faith for Quality Education is being structured. Regular meetings with officials from the GDE office has been finalised for the year.
c. Plenary for an FQE Newsletter for regular publication and circulation in all districts for schools is underway.
d. A quarterly report of all FQE activities was prepared by Mr Richard Setati (Province Co –ordinator, Office of the MEC) was prepared for the second quarter. The detailed report consists of 27 pages covering all the aspects that was achieved and motivation in taking the FQE programme forward.
e. A review meeting was held to discuss the outcomes of the Soweto Learner Summit Meeting that was held on 03 July 2012. The plans and strategies in moving forward with the support of FBO youth organisations in Soweto is underway.
5. North West Muslim Youth Event 2012: Cii Youth Foundation and Madressa Miftaahul Uloom have scheduled its annual youth event for 22 – 24 September 2012. Activities include: Soccer, Wrestling, Archery, Paintball, Volleyball, Air – Rifle Shooting, Motivational talks, Q & A Sessions, Braai, Tuckshop and lots more. Registration is R 100.00 per player (inc. Accommodation and 3 meals), R 1000.00 a team (9 players and 1 coach). The closing date is: 07 September 2012.
6. Florida Project: Cii Youth Foundation and the Florida Muslim Association Maktab programme and community development continues. The following has been achieved over the past month:
a. Ml Shuaib Laher has taken full charge of the Hifz Class
b. A new teacher has been employed to teach the class 8 girls as well as introduce ladies classes
c. A Qiraat Jalsa was held on Friday, 22 June 2012. Alhamdullillah, the response was overwhelming. Some of the guests included: Qari Zaheer Zardaad, Qari Mas’ood Ahmed, Qari Ya’eesh Alli and Ml Mohammad Patel.
d. The Mid – term Oral examination was done by the Jamiatul Ulama South Africa. The report given by the Mumtahineen was encouraging. The Jamiatul Ulama have responded to give further support to our Madressa in the new term.
e. The concept of a “Sunnah Picnic” was introduced to the learners to teach them about the foods which Rasullullah (S.A.W) partook. This was an idea of one of our teachers. The concept took off well in teaching the learners about the various sunnah foods.
f. Since the beginning of the new term, there has been an increase in the Madressa role.
g. Special Ramadhaan Charts to motivate the little ones was introduced.
7. Madressa S. Abu Bakr (R.A): The following has been achieved:
a. Saturday classes resume as normal
b. A parents day has been scheduled for Friday, 27 July 2012.
c. The term concluded on a positive note
d. The “Sunnah Picnic” concept was introduced and well received by the learners.
e. Special charts motivating the little ones to fast was initiated.
f. Taraweeh Salaah is taking place at the Madressa. The following Huffaaz are performing the Taraweeh Salaah: Hafez Faaiz Khan, Hafez Imraan Akhalwaya, Hafez Mohammad Mulla, Hafez Ahmed and Hafez Nabeel Jogee.
8. Haj Competition: The Embassy of Saudi Arabia launched its annual Haj Competition 1433AH focusing on the Sahaba (R.A). Cii Youth Foundation convened as the provincial coordinator for Gauteng. The closing date was 19 July 2012. The Haj Competition was well responded to. The prizes included: Opportunity to perform Haj this year, lap tops, cell phones, etc… All the forms received have been submitted to the Saudi Embassy.
9. South Africa Uganda Muslim Community: Sheikh Abbaas of the South African Uganda Muslim Community met with the Cii Youth Foundation. The objective of the meeting was to create a relationship between the two organisations and for Cii Youth Foundation to assist with the Madressa. Cii Youth Foundation has committed to visit the Madressa and see best to lend assistance to the community, InshaAllah.
10. Nursery and Pre-Schools Islaamiyaat syllabus: Cii Youth Foundation has compiled its own syllabus for toddlers aged 4 – 6 years. It is presently being taught in 3 schools. The copies are available, call: 084 584 7733. An official launch date of the syllabus will be announced soon.
11. Madressa CD Productions: Cii Youth Foundation has prepared a CD with the basic teaching of Makhaarij of letters, Surahs and Duas. The CD covers the general maktab syllabus from class 1 – 4. The objective of this CD is to assist teachers, parents and learners in ensuring they are teaching and learning correctly. The release date will be 10 August 2012, Inshaallah.
12. Pre-Ramadhaan Hifz Workshop: The Cii Youth Foundation in association with Kulliyatul Quraanil Kareem hosted the Pre-Ramadhaan Hifz Workshop on 20 June 2012. Alhamdulillah, the response was overwhelming. This programme has been coordinated for the last 6 years. This year the guest included: Qari Saleh Peck, Qari Basheer Patel, Qari Mas’ood Ahmed and Qari Rashid Dhabelia.
13. Qiraat Jalsa – Florida: The annual Qiraat Jalsa – Florida was hosted on Friday, 22 June 2012. The guest Quraa included: Qari Zaheer Zardaad, Qari Mas’ood Ahmed, and Qari Ya’eesh Alli. The response was overwhelming.
14. Youth Programme – P.E.: A youth programme was held in P.E on 23 June 2012. Ml Yusuf Bemath represented the Cii Youth Foundation and presented a programme. 120 youth attended the programme.
15. Youth Junxion: This is a partnership between Cii Youth Foundation and The Rising Sun Newspaper. Learners from 7 schools participate in this journalism initiative. The articles of these learners are published monthly in the Rising Sun. The last meeting discussed topics on Winter. These articles are uploaded on the Rising Sun website. The next meeting is scheduled for August 2012.
16. Youth Talk: The last show of youth talk was presented before Ramadhaan. The topic covered a vast area of issues facing the Muslim youth and solutions. The objective of the programme was to bring in youth to explore the field of Radio Media and broadcasting. The learners of Roshnee Islamic School hosted the programme weekly with anchor, Ahmed Moolla.
17. Girls Programmes: A meeting with Sister Fatima Mia was held. Sister Fatima had volunteered her services and expertise with the Cii Youth Foundation and is prepared to host programmes for the youth foundation in skills and managerial development. A date for this programme will be finalised soon.
18. Cii Youth Foundation Youth Center: Plenary to establish a Cii Youth foundation Center is underway. Various meetings with key role players are being held. This is a tedious and lengthy process. We request the duas of all our well-wishers that we get this project of the ground, InshaAllah.
19. Newclare Community: The brothers from the Newclare community met with the Cii Youth Foundation. Discussions of support and intervention plans are underway.
20. Reporting: Cii Youth Foundation sends regular reports on:
a. Bulk email
b. First things First – every Monday and Wednesday from 2:30 – 3:00pm
c. Youth Talk – Saturday evening from 6-7pm
We make dua to Allah Ta’aala to accepts these efforts and crowns it with success in this world and the Aakhirah. Ameen.
Cii Youth Foundation is a registered Non-Profit Organisation – NPO No: 094-913-NPO dedicated to youth development. To support this initiative
call: 084 584 7733 or email: email@example.com
Cii Youth Foundation would like to extend our thanks and gratitude and say JAZAKALLAH KHAIR to:
1. Dawson and Dawson Group of Companies
2. Motordeal Nissan
3. Gauteng Coaches
5. Foot Focus
6. Autostyle Motorsport
7. Freeway Coaches
8. Intercity Express
9. Eldo Coaches
10. Seedat’s Schoolwear
11. Fouche Motors
12. Oriental Muslim Butchery
And all those that support the Cii Youth Foundation physically, financially and spiritually by means of Dua.
We humbly request that you continue to remember the Cii Youth Foundation and its team in your duas.
For more info Visit: www.ciiyouth.com or call: 084 584 7733
Tags: Cii Youth Foundation